Ruby on Rails (ROR) Developer
*Telecommute Option - Pacific Time - Core business hours of 9am-4pm*
MediaPro is seeking an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to create high-impact, complicated module segments for our highly successful SaaS products. You’ll be working collaboratively with a team of SaaS product development professionals--SMEs and Technical Product Managers to create new, specifically targeted content for our industry-leading SaaS products. The parameters of this role are clear, and we’ll work with you to ensure that you get off to a great, productive start.
We are using Rails Version 4.2.
We are open to both a contract role, or FTE status. This is not an entry-level role.
MediaPro is an award-winning leader in both custom courseware design/deployment, and training delivered through SaaS. Gartner has named us a leader in their Magic Quadrant for security awareness training for three years running. We are a passionate group dedicated to creating training that engages and shapes behavior. We love what we do, and look for others who share our enthusiasm.
- Work closely with the MediaPro Product Development team to build complicated SaaS modules in Rails
- Interact in a collaborative manner with the Product Design team, and the Engineering Team to maintain a fast-paced, responsive creative design process
- Drive the execution of design, and deliver to deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in crafting complicated, but highly usable products with Rails
- Significant, meaningful Rails experience—this is not an “entry level” role
- You're capable of working with minimal oversight, after being briefed on task parameters
- You grasp “big picture” concepts quickly, and can turn the ideas of others into high-quality Rails code without having your hand held through the process
- Strong design sensibilities as they relate to coding
- Big-picture, strategic thinking as well as acute attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain strong, positive working relationships
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and digital communication skills
- Ability to share some code, and/or products that you’ve specifically developed in Rails--and the ability to explain your complete role in creating the code and final product
Nice to have:
- Experience, or solid working knowledge of security, and/or security best-practices
- Past experience with Test, QA, or a background that includes an SDET role